The key to success has been, and continues to be, Hawks passion to develop leading-edge product technologies and maintain their position as the global market leader. Hawks premier DTC product line is a direct result of their passion and commitment to Motorsports. When it comes to superior braking performance, DTC product line has no equal.
Wilwood "BP" Smart Pads
The BP compound SmartPad series represents the latest developments and refinements in friction pad technology. Four different compounds, with incremental changes in friction values and temperature operating range, provide racers and performance driving enthusiasts with the ability to match and optimize brake system response and performance covering applications from street performance to dedicated competition.
BP-10 Low-Med Temperature & Friction
• Baseline pad in Wilwood Bolt-On Brake Kits for hot rods,
muscle cars, and most street & drag strip applications.
• Light dusting, quiet engagement pads with increased
friction, response, and an extended temperature range
with higher fade resistance over OE type compounds
• Soft response pad for lighter duty, economy class dirt
track categories, especially in marginal traction
BP-20 Med-High Temperature & Friction
• A true dual-sport performance compound providing
clean and quiet driving on the street, with an expanded
temperature and friction range for competition
• Upgrade pad for our bolt-on brake kits for auto-cross,
track events, and heavier weight, high speed drag cars
• Intermediate level dirt track use on limited tire, open
wheel modifieds, and all types of hobby class racing
BP-30 High Temperature & Friction
• Race only compound with positive low to mid-temp
range response and increased friction, fade resistance,
and durability in the higher temperature ranges
• Hard braking dirt tracks, high momentum asphalt tracks,
intermediate level road course applications, and all types
of off-road competition with sustained high heat
BP-40 X-High Temperature & Friction
• Aggressive high friction, fade resistant, long wearing race
only formula for sustained high heat applications
• Asphalt oval tracks, road courses, extreme duty dirt, and
all types of off-road competition
ROTOR COMPATIBILITY: BP compound Smart Pads are fully
compatible with all types of iron, steel, stainless, and titanium
rotors when run within their respective temperature capabilities.
For aluminum rotors, use Purple Pads or PolyMatrix Q only.